Thursday, August 14, 2014

Mission Statement, Eric Oakland , 2014

Music Video for "Weird" Al Yankovic's song Mission Statement, form his album Mandatory Fun.


I am sure that many of you saw this when it was released, during that glorious week when the videos were unleashed.
Watch it again, because it is absolutely brilliant.

I have listened to the album many many times, and while this isn't my favorite song, per se, it might be the most ingenious - a whole song of corporate bullshit-speak in the style of Crosby, Stills, and Nash? I laughed, I cried, I pounded my head entirely through a desk and flung myself out a window.



1 comment:

  1. Funny and yes, I have heard more than my share of this flagrant gobbledygook in my life. But unfortunately, as in so many areas like this, "reality" it kind of defies parody. Because the architects and perpetrators of all twaddle this know it's an intentional hoax to begin with. How to spoof a spoof?

    ReplyDelete